Oh the horrors of reading a
newspaper with a panel ad!!! While this was too much of histrionics, reading a
newspaper with a panel ad on the first page does create a lot of discomfort for
reading.
As explained to me by a very
senior and leading editor in our company, who also happens to have experience
of working in the newspaper publication house that I am writing about. A ad in
the newspaper, which covers only the left half of the newspaper keeping the
other half open to hold is called as ‘a panel ad’. While such ads on any
page is an hindrance, I despise such an ad on the first page or what we hold on
the first covering four page of any newspaper.
Though the ad may be eye
catching, soul stirring, etc, it seriously acts as a hindrance of holding a
paper properly to read. The only solution being either groveling while reading
the newspaper or removing the first four page of the newspaper so as to read
the remaining portions (of equal length and width) at peace.
Recently, however I think the
publication has understood the perils of a panel ad in a newspaper and has
started stapling or sticking the entire paper at the middle fold helping for
easy hold and reading. Thank you!!! J
While staying on the newspaper, I
would also like to touch up on another point viz., the probability of a
customized newspaper for everyone. Wouldn’t everyone be happy if they could get
the paper in the format in which they like to read the news? For instance in my
case, I read the main headlines, then move on to the sports page and glance
through juicy tidbits about world of entertainment. How would it be, if the
newspaper that I get has news in the same order, with the remaining news after
these three sections in any particular order (with an index for easy access)?
So if I have some more time or interest, then I could go through the remaining
pages. The only example that I have got in front of me of such a scene is in
the newspaper is as seen in Harry Potter movies, where the newspapers not only
highlight the recent happenings but also provide a very interactive version of
the news as it happened.
kyu ad walo ki laga raha hai, the reason why such ads are placed in noticeable spaces is for people like me and you to notice otherwise 90% of it will go unnoticed coz we will read our stuff and move on :)
ReplyDeleteYeah I know, but can't they have a full page ad rather than the panel ad, so that we can go around reading the paper at ease :-)
ReplyDelete